At Tonal, we believe in strengthening the mind, body, and soul. Our monthly book club, Read Between the Reps, is all about coming together as a community and lifting each other up with the power of words.
Each month, we read a book that helps us build mental strength and find success with Tonal and other areas of our life. After all, exercising our minds is just as important as exercising our bodies. For November, we’ll be reading No Sweat: How the Simple of Science of Motivation Can Bring You a Lifetime of Fitness by Michelle Segar.
Join Read Between the Reps in November:
- Participate in our monthly book club by getting a copy of No Sweat: How the Simple of Science of Motivation Can Bring You a Lifetime of Fitness.
- RSVP to the discussion event invite posted in the Official Tonal Community, where you’ll find check-in questions and resources to enhance your reading.
- Take part in the book club Zoom discussion with the author on November 29, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. PT. We will share a link to the event in the Official Tonal Community.
About the Book:
- No Sweat offers strategies for motivation that are rooted in science and research. The behavioral changes suggested in this book can help shift mindset around fitness and exercise, with the end goal being to find more joy and fulfillment in movement.
About the Author:
- Michelle Segar is a behavioral scientist, best-selling author, and the director of the University of Michigan’s Sport, Health, and Activity Research and Policy Center. Segar is renowned for her research on creating sustainable behavior changes and developing long-term motivation for self-care practices like exercise, sleep, and healthy eating.
Why We Chose This Book:
The Official Tonal Community selected No Sweat: How the Simple of Science of Motivation Can Bring You a Lifetime of Fitness as the pick for Read Between the Reps for November. As the community heads into the last couple of months of the 2021, there’s no better time to find new ways to sustain (and boost) motivation for movement and self-care. Together, we’re looking forward to taking Segar’s practical advice and using it to transform the way we approach our training sessions.