Low carb and gluten free, cauliflower crust pizza is the perfect, guilt-free substitute for your favorite weekend meal.
Loaded with spices and herbs, this cauliflower crust pizza recipe is tasty enough to be eaten on its own, and versatile enough to mix things up. This recipe calls for spinach, artichoke hearts, prosciutto and cheese. But, you could toss on anything you’d like that’s simple and healthy.
The biggest trick to getting cauliflower pizza crust to come out crispy is taking the time to squeeze out all the excess moisture from the cauliflower. You can use a pizza cutter around the rim of a plate to get perfect rounds.
This recipe should make enough dough for one large pizza or two smaller rounds.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Total Time: 45 Minutes
For the crust
- 1 large head cauliflower, florets separated
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup crumbled parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the toppings
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 to 6 jarred artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 3 ounces prosciutto
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until extra fine. Transfer the cauliflower to a small saucepan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons water. Cook, covered, until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Place the cauliflower in the center of a cheese cloth or kitchen towel, gather the ends, and squeeze out excess moisture. Squeeze until all the water has drained.
- In a large bowl, combine all the remaining crust ingredients until you get a “dough” ball. Transfer to the sheet pan and form into one large round or two smaller rounds. (The crust should be about ¼-inch thick.) Brush the edges with olive oil and transfer to the oven. Bake until starting to brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven, layer on the toppings and return to the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Let cool and serve.