Liv Lo Golding, a certified prenatal yoga instructor and expecting mother, has teamed up with Tonal for four new prenatal yoga workouts.
- We’ve teamed up with Liv Lo Golding — a yoga instructor and creator of the FitSphere workout program — to launch a new prenatal yoga series on Tonal.
- Liv recently announced that she and her husband Henry Golding are expecting their first child. Now, she’s going to lead you through four prenatal yoga workouts that can help promote mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing for your pregnancy.
- Expecting mothers can enjoy this prenatal yoga series alongside other prenatal strength and cardio workouts on Tonal.
- For the launch of this series, we sat down with Liv to learn more about how yoga has helped her feel strong during her first pregnancy.
We’re excited that Liv Lo Golding — yoga instructor and creator of the FitSphere workout program — is joining Tonal as a guest yoga instructor. As a certified prenatal yoga instructor and expecting mother, Liv has teamed up with us to launch four new prenatal yoga workouts.
As well as being safe during pregnancy for both moms and babies*, research shows that prenatal yoga can help with relaxation and sleep, improve lower back pain, and reduce stress and anxiety. Prenatal yoga is also beneficial to the muscles needed for childbirth and can help to strengthen them.
As a soon-to-be-mom who’s pregnant with her first child, Liv hopes to offer support to other women on the same journey. Her prenatal yoga workouts are relatable, full of insight, and positive vibes. Whether it’s your first pregnancy or fourth, Liv’s inspiring and encouraging energy will help you create a space at home where you can connect with yourself and your baby.
Liv designed her prenatal series to help promote mental, physical, and emotional well-being during your pregnancy and to inject some fresh energy into your day. Find her series in Tonal’s pre and postnatal workout row. There are four yoga workouts to choose from and this series works well alongside our other prenatal strength and cardio workouts. Keep an eye out as there will be more prenatal yoga coming your way soon.
- Zen: Join Liv for a truly restorative experience. During pregnancy, it’s important to relax and take time for yourself. Connecting to your body and breath helps with labor and delivery, as well as everyday movement. Slow things down and learn how to adapt to common pregnancy discomfort.
- Invigorate: Join Liv for an inspiring power session. This energizing flow is perfect for expecting moms, especially in the second and third trimesters. Get your heart pumping while learning about your changing body and alleviating common pregnancy symptoms. This is a medium-paced flow, safe for anyone with joint or back pain.
- Energize: This is the perfect flow if you’re struggling with nausea, morning sickness, or feeling overwhelmed. Get energized, calm your nervous system, and release endorphins as you stay away from yoga inversions and focus on deep breathing, stretching, and mindfulness.
- Balance: As an expecting mom, it’s important to work your abdominals, safely and effectively. Liv helps you focus on strengthening the pelvic floor, transverse abdominals and obliques, as well as the muscles lining the spine. This flow will leave you feeling balanced, centered, and strong.
To celebrate the launch of Liv’s prenatal yoga series on Tonal, we sat down to learn more about what being strong means to her.
What drew you to focus on your physical well-being and what inspired you to become a yoga teacher?
I had been practicing yoga for ten years before I got my first teaching certificate. I wanted to know why yoga made me feel the way it did and deepen my practice. It wasn’t until I got two more degrees that I became a teacher.
The immense knowledge and insight I had gained from my yoga teacher training, and my long-time fitness experience, gave me such strength and confidence that I wanted to share this. Even as a teacher, I am still a student because teaching keeps me proactive, learning, and always listening.
What’s your teaching style?
Inspiring, informative, and encouraging.
Where do you find your motivation? What keeps you going?
More often than not, my students are what drive me. By providing me with their time and trust, they give me an opportunity to grow, learn, and push my self-development. It is truly a great privilege.
In all aspects of fitness, when did you land on strength training? Did you always expect to be working in this realm?
After practicing and teaching yoga for 10 years, I noticed an imbalance in my regimen. Yoga had benefited me greatly, but something as simple as walking up a hill would make me feel tired. Feeling my muscles trigger in ways they had never been engaged before drove my curiosity to find a balance and longevity to my regimen.
What does Tonal mean for someone focused on growing strength?
With hundreds of movements and videos, Tonal provides endless opportunities to grow, build, and cater to every stage of your fitness journey.
Tell us about how you maintain a strong and healthy mind.
Tuning into my self-talk. Listening in will bring conscious awareness to my state of mind.
Can you speak to the importance of fitness while pregnant?
For me, fitness has completely changed during pregnancy. As doctors recommended not getting the heart rate up, I have to come to the mat for some sanity. Yoga is safe even when I feel sick, tired, and swollen, and has empowered me to always focus on what I can do for myself and to love and accept my ever-changing body. Breathing exercises train the lungs, while many yoga poses promote OFP (optimal fetal positioning), which helps prepare me for labor. I am looking forward to incorporating mindful birthing techniques into my delivery.
What’s the one thing you hope people will take away from your programs?
Feeling great! Wellness is all-encompassing. Balancing your mental, physical, and emotional well-being is a full-time job. It’s never easy, but the more you do it the more instinctual it becomes.
Editor’s Note: While exercising during pregnancy can be beneficial, always consult your doctor before beginning any program on Tonal and follow their advice regarding your health.