Research shows that music is an effective way to power your workouts.
Sometimes, the right song is all it takes to crush that final set of deadlifts or push through one last blast of cardio. And research backs this up: One recent study found that people who exercise while music is playing are able to increase the duration of exercise and thereby improve their endurance more than those who went sans songs. Another study published in the Psychology of Sport and Exercise suggests that music can help you have more fun working out by boosting perceived enjoyment.
That’s why Tonal is arming you with more music options to help you ramp up the intensity and take your training to the next level. Starting today, members can connect Tonal to their Amazon Music Unlimited or Amazon Prime Music account and listen to their favorite songs and playlists while working out. This new Amazon Music integration enables access to millions of songs and thousands of stations and top playlists. Read on to get started.
How to Set up Your Amazon Music Account on Tonal
If you already have Amazon Prime or Amazon Music Unlimited, you can set up your account on Tonal in a few simple steps (see below). For members who don’t have an account, for a limited time, Amazon is offering a 90-day trial of Amazon Music Unlimited at no additional cost for new subscribers and then a membership starting at $7.99 per month after the trial for Prime Members ($9.99 per month for non-Prime members).
Tonal members with an Amazon Music Unlimited account will have the usual access to more than 75 million songs, plus unlimited playlists and radio stations. Tonal members with an Amazon Prime account, will have access to two million songs ad-free and thousands of stations and top playlists. Prime Members can also upgrade their accounts and save 20 percent on Amazon Music Unlimited.
Pair your Amazon Music with your Tonal account in six easy steps:
- Go to Settings on your Tonal trainer and tap the audio playlist icon. Then tap the arrow next to Tonal Radio and choose Amazon Music.
- You will see a prompt on-screen that asks you to connect Tonal with Amazon Music.
- Next, you will see a QR code pop up on the Tonal with a six-character code below it. Use your mobile app to scan the code or navigate to amazon.com/us/code in your phone or computer browser.
- Sign in to your Amazon account on your phone. The site will prompt you to sign in if needed.
- A box will appear on your phone or computer browser, where you can enter the six-character code from Tonal.
- After entering the code, you will see a success message on your phone, and your Amazon Music account will now be available on Tonal.
Don’t forget, you can also connect your Tonal account with Apple Music or listen to Tonal’s Radio stations while working out with the trainer’s built-in speakers or with any Bluetooth headphones. Tonal’s Amazon Music integration is just another way to channel your favorite music into motivation while working up a sweat.