Salads are one of the easiest and healthiest ways to get all the nutrients you need into one bowl—and they don’t have to be boring.
As a general rule, the more greens you get in your diet, the healthier you’ll be. But not all greens are created equal. Some even have little nutritional value. So if you’re going to make a salad, you might as well make one loaded with superfoods that pack a nutritional punch.
Red leaf lettuces, spinach and chicories are among the top most nutrient-dense greens, as they’re the best sources of Vitamins A and K. They’re also great sources of potassium, manganese and folate—all of which are nutrients commonly missing in the American diet.
This supergreen salad is topped with salmon and avocado, both of which contain healthy doses of omega-3 fatty acids, which can help lower cholesterol and boost heart health. All get tossed in a creamy, lemony dressing
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 10 Minutes
Makes 2 Servings
For the dressing
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper, to taste
For the salad
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 head chicory, torn
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch broccolini
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the dressing together with ¼ cup warm water until smooth. Add more water, if necessary.
- In a large salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients. Sprinkle with salt, drizzle with as much of the dressing as you’d like, and serve. (Extra dressing will keep well in the fridge for up to a week.)