At Tonal, being strong means standing together as one community and speaking up for what is right. We are committed to being an ally and raising our voice against racism.
For the sake of our employees, community and society, we will not ignore the surge in hate crimes against Asian-American and Pacific Islander communities in recent weeks or the rise in worldwide xenophobia over this past year.
Our mission is to create a world where everybody can be their strongest. That includes using our strength to stand in solidarity with the Asian-American and Pacific Islander communities, and to take action against the violence, hate crimes and racism they face.
We are making a donation to the Asian-American Federation, an organization that raises the influence and wellbeing of the Asian-American community with research, awareness, and nonprofit support.
We are also sharing a list of resources below and encourage everyone in our community to use them to educate and stay informed.
If you witness, or are the victim of, anti-AAPI racism, you may report the incident(s) to the following:
You can also read the submitted reports on these websites to stay informed about what is happening to AAPI individuals.
Please read the following educational resources:
- #Hate is a Virus
- CDC on Reducing Stigma around COVID-19
- Asian American Advancing Justice (AAAJ) COVID-19 Resources
- Asian American Racial Justice Toolkit
- Hollaback! Bystander Intervention Training
- COVID-19 Racial Equity Tools
- Combating AAPI Hate in the Age of COVID-19
- Learning for Justice: How to Respond to Coronavirus Racism
- A Townhall on Anti-Asian Racism
- Huff Post: How You Can Be an Ally
- Confronting Racism and Supporting Asian American Communities in the Wake of COVID-19
- Solidarity and Accountability: AAPI Hate Crimes on the Rise
- Immigrants must feel safe to receive medical attention during the coronavirus outbreak
- Stop Anti-Asian Violence Get Mainstream News
- Coverage Of National Elderly Asian American Assaults Provide Safety
- Ambassadors & prevent Hate Crimes on elderly in San Francisco Chinatown End
- Hate Crimes Against Asian Americans