At Tonal, we believe in strengthening our mind, body, and soul. Our monthly book club, Read Between the Reps, is about coming together as a community and lifting each other with the power of words.
Every month, we read a book that helps us to build mental strength and find success with Tonal and other areas of our life. After all, working out our minds is just as important as working out our bodies, and for February, we’ll be reading Can’t Hurt Me.
Join Read Between the Reps:
- Participate in our monthly book club by getting a copy of Can’t Hurt Me.
- Look out for the weekly book club check-in threads on Mondays in the Official Tonal Community.
- Take part in the book club Zoom discussion on February 25th, 2021 at 5:00pm PT. We will share a link in the Official Tonal Community.
About the book:
- In this memoir, David Goggins shares his incredible life story and reveals that most of us only tap into 40% of our capabilities. Can’t Hurt Me illuminates a path beyond pain and fear that anyone can follow to reach their full potential.
About the author:
- Retired Navy SEAL, and former Army Ranger, and Air Force Tactical Air Controller, David Goggins is an ultramarathon runner, ultra-distance cyclist, triathlete, motivational speaker, and author. His numerous endurance event records inspired Outside Magazine to name him “The Fittest (Real) Man in America.”
Why we chose this book:
For Black History Month, we wanted to honor and celebrate strength within the Black community. The Official Tonal Community was overwhelmingly in favour of reading David Goggins’ memoir — Can’t Hurt Me — as our Read Between the Reps book pick for February. David Goggins has inspired many people with his story of strength, and we hope that learning about his philosophy and approach to life can teach us more about how to harness the power of our minds.