At Tonal, we believe in strengthening our mind, body, and soul. Our monthly book club has been going strong now for several months! Read Between the Reps is about coming together as a community and lifting each other with the power of words.
Every month, we read a book that helps us build mental strength and find success with Tonal and other areas of our life. After all, working out our minds is just as important as working out our bodies. For May, we’ll be reading The Gifts of Imperfection.
Join Read Between the Reps in May:
- Participate in our monthly book club by getting a copy of The Gifts of Imperfection.
- Look out for the weekly book club check-in threads on Mondays in the Official Tonal Community.
- Take part in the book club Zoom discussion on May 27, 2021, at 5:00 pm PT. We will share a link to the event in the Official Tonal Community.
About the book:
- Described as a guide to wholehearted living, The Gifts of Imperfection has sold more than 2 million copies in more than 30 different languages. Forbes magazine named it one of the “Five Books That Will Actually Change Your Outlook On Life.”
About the author:
- Brené Brown is a story-teller, professor, lecturer, author, and podcast host who is renowned for her research on courage, vulnerability, shame and empathy.
Why we chose this book:
The Official Tonal Community selected The Gifts of Imperfection as our Read Between the Reps book for May. In this book, Brené Brown explores the psychology of how we can let go of perfection-seeking habits and embrace wholeheartedness to live a fuller life. We’re excited to create a shift in our perception to find more strength in our imperfections for our mental, emotional and physical health.