At Tonal, we believe in strengthening our mind, body, and soul. Our monthly book club has been going strong now for several months! Read Between the Reps is all about coming together as a community and lifting each other with the power of words.
Every month, we read a book that helps us build mental strength and find success with Tonal and other areas of our life. After all, working out our minds is just as important as working out our bodies. For July, we’ll be reading The Mindful Athlete: Secrets to Pure Performance.
Join Read Between the Reps in July:
- Participate in our monthly book club by getting a copy of The Mindful Athlete.
- Look out for the weekly book club check-in threads on Mondays in the Official Tonal Community.
- Take part in the book club Zoom discussion on July 22, 2021, at 5:00 pm PT. We will share a link to the event in the Official Tonal Community.
About the book:
- In this groundbreaking book, George Mumford shares gentle mindfulness practices to help transform the performance of anyone. Whether you’re an athlete, a weekend warrior, executive, or just trying to get the best out of your passions, discover proven techniques that helped Michael Jordan and the late Kobe Bryant elevate their game.
About the author:
- George Mumford is a world-renowned meditation teacher, respected public speaker, and coach. He is credited with having worked with some of the biggest athlete names in the NBA.
Why we chose this book:
The Official Tonal Community selected The Mindful Athlete as our Read Between the Reps book for July. Having a strong understanding of mindset is an essential skill no matter what path we are on. The community is looking forward to tapping into mindfulness and performance practices from an expert to channel our inner athletes and how to get the best out of our own passions.